Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Zucchini Bread

Continuing on my theme of having too much zucchini, this Sunday's brunch was zucchini bread.  I tried four different recipes of zucchini bread, all of which were delicious and asked my friends what they liked and did not like about each.  This resulted in the following recipe, which I then used to make even more zucchini bread.  (How else am I going to use 20 zucchinis?)  But, since the first set didn't even last a full day, I don't think anyone minds me making more.


Zucchini Bread with Flaxseeds


  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cup flour
  • 1 cup flaxseed meal
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 cups packed shredded zucchini
  • Flax seeds (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Mix together oil, sugar, honey, vanilla, and eggs.  In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.  Stir in liquid mixture until jut combined.  (Do not over mix.)  Stir in zucchini.  Pour into muffin tins with papers or two greased bread loaves.  Sprinkle with flax seeds and cook until a toothpick comes away clean (about 20 minutes for the muffins and 45 for the bread loaves).


- Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment